Murwillumbah - Home of Cycling In The Tweed
The picturesque township of Murwillumbah is located centrally in the stunning Tweed Valley on the far north coast of New South Wales. The small town is just 15 minutes from the pristine beaches of the Tweed Coast, 30 minutes south of the Gold Coast and 40 minutes north of Byron Bay.
A dormant volcano, Mt Warning, and its five surrounding World Heritage National Parks provide a blend of rolling green hills and gently flowing rivers, punctuated with pockets of sugar cane and village communities.
This is the setting for cycling events like Battle Recharge and Challenge on the Border. The mountainous terrain makes Murwillumbah one of the toughest cycling courses in Australia.
Make a Weekend Of It & Include Your Spouse
Battle Recharge has been designed to minimise the need for teams and riders to move locations as per previous years. The town of Murwillumbah is an easy 2-hour drive from the heart of Brisbane or only 30 minutes from the Gold Coast International Airport.
Murwillumbah is in the heart of the Tweed Valley that features many scenic small villages and easy access to the famous north coast surf beaches. It's the ideal opportunity to make a family weekend of it or bring the better half. They can tour the renown Margrett Olli Regional Art Gallery, Climb Mt Warning or just sample the cafe’s and shop in Tyalgum, Uki and Stokers Siding.
Local food options
- Coles 56 Wollumbin St - Sunnyside Shopping Center
- IGA 232 Tweed Valley Way and Main Street
- Foodworks 5 Brisbane Street Murwillumbah
Cinema: 5 Brisbane St Murwillumbah
Restaurants, Cafes & Coffee:
Murwillumbah is blessed with a great range of coffee shops and bakeries as well as restaurants all within close proximity to the event hub of the showgrounds.
- Modern Grocer - 3 Wollumbin St - Sydney Style decor and best croissants in the morning
- Keith’s - 132 Murwillumbah St - only serves double shots coffee, bourbon muffins to die for (or from)
- Ben’s French Patisserie - 115 Murwillumbah St – National Award winning pastries
- Ju Ju’s - 13 Warf St - best breakfast and food in town
- Cenzo - great coffee and cyclist favourite on Sundays.
- New Leaf Cafe - organic, vegetarian options and popular local hang
- Sushi Samurai - best value sushi in town